Friday 27 February 2009

development of ipe costume


Plans for my costume in time sequence:





To have something theatretical on my head is important. My costume needs to have bright colours and it needs to be fun. High heels are essential too. The 3 sketches under here are developing the final idea of forest animals on my head.





I started the building of my costume from the forest helmet as head is the main thing! The 2 creatures living on my helmet were moose and hare as they are the very basic forest animals in Finland. I made their constructions from wire and covered it with wet strips of newspaper.



The actual helmet was built on top of a balloon using tissue paper and water mixed with PVA glue.


The outfit is representing my need for swimming and it has the snow element too. Shape is like swimming costume but actually I was modifying extremely massive underpants. I decorated it with pink snow flakes. Around my neck I was wearing branches (made with LOTS of trouble)that had some tiny birds sitting on them. In my costume I am a forest creature from Wonderland.

No comments: