Sunday 1 November 2009

Bell Jar summer drawings


During the summer brake we needed to read a book from a list given by tutors and the do lots of observational drawings that could be from the book. I chose "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath. I am naturally quite into drawing characters. Above is the drawing that eventually came to be the base for main character Eshter.


This can be found from Archway...



These 2 pictures above were made in the cemetry in North Finchley. It was rather curious and bizarre place. Especially new graves were interesting as they were often full of toys, statues and other objects left by relatives and friends.



I drew food items too...






Like I mentioned earlier I normally draw characters. I find buildings and locations boring and challenging. Part of the task was to draw them as well so I tried to overcome my fear...

No comments: