Tuesday 14 December 2010

how to develop a massive index finger: chapter 2 (storyboarding)

 So after an initial idea and a character design one needs to have a story. Because we were asked to produce a film ONLY 1 minute long I decided not to tell a tradtional story but concentrate on hitting the point. I chose traditionally girl and boy activities and planned to make Pop do them both equally well. Very simple indeed. I did few storyboards. This is one of the first ones.



 Above is the original end of the story: Barbie doll and action doll shooting each other. But I decided against it as I felt it was unnecessarily violent. I wanted to have a positive feeling in my animation. Pop would be a POSITIVE rolemodel. Girl and boy activities and roles would be in perfect harmony.
Below is an other abandoned scenario where Pop does baking. It just didn't fit in smoothly.
The following storyline of Pop eating snot was brilliant visually. I really really wanted to do it but in the end couldn't justify it in such a short film.

 This is now pretty much the final stroryboard. After this the real distroying of my right index finger begings: the actual drawing of the animation. Who would have though how much one needs to draw just to produce ONE pathetic minute of animation!!!




No comments: